Measure voltage without test leads
The Fluke T6-1000 Electrical Tester with FieldSense™ technology lets you quickly, safely take True rms voltage and current measurements without test leads.
Unlike other fork testers that merely detect voltage, the T6-1000 makes actual measurements, without contacting a live, metallic conductor. Just slide the 17.8 mm open fork, the widest in the industry, over a conductor and read simultaneous voltage and current values. Or simultaneous frequency and current values. The open fork works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2). Or, you can use the attached test leads to measure voltage DC to 1000 V.
- True rms voltage and current to 200 A AC, 1000 V AC
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
Work on any jobsite
Make use of the HOLD button to temporarily freeze the reading on the screen so you can keep working with the same measurement up. Plus, the display features large, easy-to-read numbers and a backlight for darker work environments or inside cabinets. The T6-1000 works with the Fluke TPAK ToolPak™ Magnetic Meter Hanger to make it even more convenient.
How FieldSense™ technology works
FieldSense ™ technology is different than other open fork testers work by interpreting a magnetic field to show AC current. FieldSense™ detects an electrical field that interacts with a T6 reference signal, showing a voltage value on the tester’s display.
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage*
- Simultaneous voltage and current display – shows all power supply measurements at a glance for efficient trouble shooting
- 1 to 1000 V ac or dc (T6-1000)
- 0 to 200 A ac
- True-rms voltage and current
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
- Frequency measurement 45 Hz to 66 Hz
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
- Standard two-year warranty; extendable to 4 years through product registration within 45 days of purchase+
Tips: FieldSense Technology
Do not hold or touch wire you are testing during a measurement. Use the black probe to make the ground connection if:
- wearing gloves or insulated footwear
- standing on an insulated ladder
- additional ground contact is required for the application
Designed for safety and compliance
Verify your test tool without unnecessary exposure to shock and arc flash. Using the PRV240FS reduces the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) when a known voltage source is not available for verification of your tester or multimeter before tests are performed*. Additionally, the PRV240FS also provides ac and dc voltages for other HiZ instruments in your tool box.
A single switch and a set of LEDs indicate functionality of both the FieldSense “no-test-lead” voltage measurement capability, plus standard ac and dc measurements with test leads. This unit is a simple-to-use solution for complying with TBT verification of your test tools.
*PPE is still needed for absence of voltage testing when appropriate.
“Test Before Touch”
Fluke’s PRV240FS allows you to “Test Before Touch” (TBT), which involves testing your T6 against a known live source before and after the actual measurement. This sequence verifies that your test tool is operating properly during the actual measurement.
- T6-1000 Electrical Tester
- PRV240FS Proving Unit
- C60 Soft Case